Have you always wanted to go on a road trip but could never really work it out? Well, fret no more, if you are in New Zealand. New Zealand offers some of the best road trips you could imagine. North Island is one such place which is absolutely apt for a memorable road trip.
So what does a north island road trip offer?
1. There can be no better way of enjoying the scenic beauty and culture of a place than a road trip. Hop into a reliable car and travel across the length and breadth of North Island; stopping wherever or whenever.
2. Get an opportunity to discover the unknown. Get off the basic travel destinations and simply hit the road with a travel map.
3. Pick up a car and explore the flavour of the historical Polynesian culture, excellent food and fabulous wine hot spots.
4. Beautiful surrounding natural environments would ensure you do not put your camera to rest even for a second
5. As you move towards the Bay of Plenty from Auckland, you get an opportunity to have some unique creatures for company. You guessed it right, dolphins and some amazing marine life!
6. You could also go for some short trek or have a shot at mountain biking.
7. Your road trip must also take you to another amazing place called Rotorua. The mystical waters are sulphuric in nature and to add to the fascinating environment you have hissing steam vents. This would just make your day!
8. Drive another 80 kms and another surprise awaits you! Lake Taupo, which was formed as a result of various volcanic eruptions and is one of the largest freshwater lakes in the world.
So, just rent a car of your choice and drive off to create memories.